Monday 8 November 2010

I’M BACK! (With a vengeance?)

I realise that I haven’t written anything in absolutely yonks, and for a while I did think my blog was pretty much dead and buried. I’ve been ridiculously busy with some very exciting travelling over the summer, then starting uni and subsequently being completely snowed under with work, but last night I met a super cool and super lovely fellow English fresher who also has a blog (here) and she encouraged me to revive my own (comparatively pathetic) specimen. I honestly have no idea how often I will manage to post things as it is crazy-hectic-mental here, but I shall try my best. Promise.

I must dash off now as my hugely riveting essay on streams of consciousness in Mrs. Dalloway needs some last-minute remedial work. Sorry peeps. I will post something more substantial soon, but in the meantime here are some pretty pictures taken by Tim Walker, one of my favourite photographers:


Ah, I feel like I've been transported to a beautiful fairytale... Until I look up, that is, and the harsh light of my desk lamp reminds me that I am very much sat within the confines of my cold, cramped student room with a mountain of Virginia Woolf criticism by my side that I really ought to be wading my way through.

(Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that the model in the last picture above goes to Cambridge. I could be imagining things, but I have my suspicions that I spotted her once or twice on my lecture site. Very exciting. And for that matter, Lily Cole (picture 5) most definitely DOES go to Cambridge and I have seen her with my very own eyes. Doubly exciting!)

Right, I WILL go now. Woolf's howling at me to get back to work (oh ha ha ha). A bientot, mes petits choux!

No comments:

Post a Comment