Tuesday 14 December 2010

the allure of couture

I was in Dublin this weekend, and in the reception area of the hostel where I was staying I flicked through a copy of Hello! magazine and stumbled across some gorgeous photos of a couture shoot in Paris featuring Colleen Rooney. Admittedly, neither a youth hostel, nor Hello! magazine, nor a foremost WAG are exactly synonymous with haute couture, but the dresses were sooo beautiful that I could have actually squealed with love for them. My favourites were designed by Zuhair Murad, whom I'd never even heard of before, but I subsequently went on his website and fell in love with pretty much every single gown there.

Hello! magazine cover spread, 6 December 2010

Le Bal des Sirenes, Spring/Summer 2009

Winter Rhapsody, Autumn/Winter 2009-10

Romantic Intimacy, Autumn/Winter 2010-11

These dresses make me want to go to exquisite balls and dinners and watch opera performances and generally live life FABULOUSLY.

Oh and don't even get me started on the wedding dresses. (Nooo Rosie, you're far too young to marry, and a dress alone is an appalling excuse for marriage, so shhhh.) But I can still admire them longingly, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment