Tuesday 21 December 2010

window shopping

When I was in London a couple of weeks ago I got a few snaps of some really pretty Christmas window displays which I intended to post when I got back…only Vogue beat me to it. Bah humbug.

I suppose every girl's gotta love a bitta Barbie and Ken at Christmas. Classy, Selfridges.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of my own. I am in love with the Russian-style dolls in the Chanel windows (I wonder what they do with them once Christmas is over and they’ve got no use for them? Hint hint).


There’s a shop near Sloane Street tube called Basia Zarzycka that always has gorgeous window displays. Unfortunately you have to stand in the middle of a zebra crossing to take photos, and thereby annoy numerous cab drivers expecting you to cross, so please excuse the poor quality photographs.



Top and middle: Christmas 2010
Bottom: Summer 2010

I was also particularly taken by Harrods’ impressive efforts at pumping out festive music to lure shoppers inside from the streets, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to return to take any pictures as I had just come back from the Varsity match and wasn’t sure if my blue-hued face would be particularly popular with the staff. I suppose I should count my blessings that Vogue saved me from potential embarrassment after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment