Monday 21 February 2011

gossip girls grown up

So, here's the second of my slightly belated but better late than never posts from New York Fashion Week! I LOVED Jason Wu's collection. Everything about it oozed sophistication: sleek hair, crisp shirts, grown-up lace, sexy stilettos, and seriously sultry smoky eyes. (Why is it that my smoky eye attempts inevitably look like someone has haphazardly smeared charcoal over my lids???)

Anyway, in the spirit of New York and all things glam, the collection reminded me of my guilty TV pleasure, Gossip Girl - only more grown up, with more attention to detail (exquisite embellishment and delicate lace made for more adult chic than schoolgirl wannabe). Still, I'd happily take a lesson from Wu and look class-y in my class-es. Unfortunately, however, I might stand out slightly on campus amidst the standard undergrad uniform of slobby chic. This one's probably a look best kept for more sophisticated occasions.



No comments:

Post a Comment