Wednesday 24 August 2011

back in the big smoke

After seven weeks in Asia I returned to London to be plied with endless amounts of familiar food, shop in Western stores and soak up the lovely London sunshine without sweating horrendously!

My boyfriend and I had fabulous dinners at Wright Brothers Oyster and Porter House, Black & Blue, the Gallery at Sketch and The Pantechnicon, as well as a morning stroll around Borough Market that involved heavenly cheeses, smoothies, cakes and pastries...

Savoury cacao crepe with duck, dried cherries, dark chocolate, creme fraiche, coriander and cacao nibs at The Rabot Estate, Borough Market

I returned to Sketch with my girlfriends to have afternoon tea in the Parlour to celebrate my friend's birthday, and had an incredible chocolate mousse cake decorated with golden popping candy!


We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday at a club called Public, where the drinks come in inventive boxes to share...


My friend Alison and I went on a sunny Boris bike ride along the Thames, past Buckingham Palace and through Hyde Park before having a picnic and a compulsory frozen yoghurt to satisfy my ongoing addiction...


In the afternoon we wandered around Knightsbridge, had tea and sfogliatelle at Patisserie Valerie, and looked at the gorgeous jewellery displays at the V&A.


Whilst at the V&A we tried on their amazing costumes and found the handbag of my dreams...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment